Skip to main content

Making a Paper Flower Arrangement


In another one of my posts I taught you how to make a simple paper flower that looked something like this.



There are several ways you can incorporate this flower in everyday arrangements. I want to share a few ideas you can do with the flower to use as a present, in home decor, or just some crafting time with yourself. These are a few arrangements I made.

     Adding a simple button in the middle of the                            flower adds to the look!




To complete these projects I use the following
▪️Scrapbook paper: any kind will work even the ones with designs 
▪️Glue gun and glue sticks
▪️For my arrangements I like to use inserts for instance an ivory or a fern 
▪️Floral foam block
▪️Wooden dowel: I buy the long ones then break them down to the size I need. Get a small size 1/4'' I use this as a stem. 
▪️Green floral tape to wrap the stems 
▪️Any pot or basket

Once you have mastered this type of flower there are several other types of flowers you can make. Please leave a comment if you would like more direction in this area. I will be making things with wine corks in my next post, hope you will join me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scrabble Letters

Sitting down and playing a good old game of scrabble was not always at the top of my list of things to do. I recently found my old game on the shelf and was ready to use it in a different way. This is a very simple project that will not take long. Here is what you will need: scrabble letters, scrapbook paper, button, canvas and hot glue gun. My canvas is 12 by 12 inches. This is a good size because most scrapbook paper is bigger in size so all you will have to do is just trim to fit the canvas. Then its just like playing scrabble use the letters to make whatever design you would like. In my first picture I used a last name, Milfury and then the family members. In the pictures below you will see I used the word Family and then words around it to explain what family means to me. I have also given this to a grandmother as a gift with all of her grand kids surrounding the grandmother word. You will have to really think about the layout before you start gluing. Once you find the right

Decorative Letters

ABCDEFG, what can you do with just a letter? Most of my ideas come from the internet, catalogs, or from others. When I started this project I wanted something I could have up at all times of the year. My goal was to eventually have different letters decorated for different themes. Think of what theme you are looking for; a particular season, a holiday, or just a traditional look that can stay up all year. The picture below shows how I decorated my mantle above the fire place. I already had a old window I pulled out of my shed. In the top three open spots I usually put undated pictures of my three girls. Just an FYI when you buy your first letter you will realize there are several different types of letters: wood ones, card board, light up, ones that stand, ones that are flat, and on and on. I strongly encourage you to think of your project ahead of time. I have three young kids and at this time in my life FAMILY is a good theme. First thought was how will I decorate each letter so

More Paper crafts

Found a few more ideas to add to my paper craft collection. I was browsing the internet for crafts with paper or for things that I have not tried. I came across a Christmas idea just in time for my favorite holiday. I have to admit it's a lot harder than it looks. This is my first one that I made and I can already see some of the changes I will make for the next one.  Now let's get started, here is a step by step guide.  First you will need Cardboard, glue gun, scrapbook paper, ribbon:   You can use a roll from wrapping paper or from a roll of plastic. I used one from house wrap. I quickly realized you will need a strong base for this project. I started just holding it up as I was working but quickly found out I should have made a base. I ended up taking an old vase that was small enough around to fit the inside of the roll and used that as my base. When I make another one I will make a base around the bottom to make it more sturdy. Then I took scrapbook paper that was gree